Position Opening: Supply Chain Manager
Title: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Southborough, MA
Block Engineering develops and sells next generation quantum cascade lasers deployed in scientific instruments for security, life sciences and defense applications. Block is the proud winner of multiple awards from Photonics West, The Small Business Administration and Milipol Paris Innovation. Block is headquartered in Southborough, Massachusetts in the greater Boston metro area.
Block is seeking a Supply Chain Manager to oversee the company’s supply chain operations, including purchasing and inventory of raw materials, selection of vendors, and distribution of finished goods. The Supply Chain Manager will also evaluate past performance data to forecast needs and production scheduling, and will also lead continuous improvements and risk management, assuring that procurement and distribution activities comply with ISO Quality Systems requirements.
The position will report to the Director of Operations and will be responsible for planning and coordinating all supply chain activities including purchasing of materials, products, equipment and services, supplier quality, and warehouse management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Purchase electronic and electro-mechanical components, tools, and supplies with best price, quality and services for prototype, pilot and production builds.
- Assure component specification compliance with supplier quality and delivery performance.
- Plan and develop purchasing policies, guidelines and procedures while working closely with cross-functional groups on NPI and Project Management.
- Coordinate and manage inventory status including cycle counts, forecast, min/max and safety stock while reconciling inventory discrepancies and adjustments with AP.
- Develop new sources and have ability to negotiate better terms and prices while maintaining superior supplier relationships.
- Plan and analyze demand and supply to create inventory stocking plans to ensure material availability to meet material lead time requirements.
- Prepare, process, and approve Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders as well as Engineering Change Orders for materials and services.
- Manage supplier performance to ensure high quality, on-time delivery, and cost-effective materials and services.
- Logistics and warehousing management with experience in transportation and customs.
- Monitor ongoing compliance with purchasing policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience with purchasing, sourcing and inventory management within a manufacturing environment required.
- Experience in sourcing electronic and mechanical parts.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings.
- Experience with using purchasing and inventory modules in an ERP system.
- Excellent decision making, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
Block Engineering is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email resumes to Danny at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest.