Position Opening: Software Engineer for Applications and Algorithms
Title: Software Engineer for Applications and Algorithms
Location: Southborough, MA
Block Engineering, located in Southborough, MA (Boston metro area) is a premier designer, manufacturer, and seller of Quantum Cascade Laser-based spectrometers which have won two Prism awards. These spectrometers can detect and identify most chemicals (in both the air and on surfaces) and are used for the protection of people and facilities.
Block is seeking a Software Engineer to be an essential member of a small, highly interactive, and close-knit team R&D team. Our team includes research physicists and engineers whose goal is to develop the best possible chemical detection systems.
Due to work on government contracts, candidates must be eligible to pass a security clearance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Be a key contributor developing the system-level software and applications running on Linux / ARM / Xilinx Zynq Ultra-Scale system.
- Develop application software for a state-of-the-art hyperspectral imaging system.
- Develop real-time software to control system hardware.
- Optimize algorithms that are written in Python and MATLAB.
- Transition R&D software developments to commercial products.
Required skills and background:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with C++, Python, MATLAB.
- Optimization of algorithms for speed.
- Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Cross-compiler development environment for ARM.
- Eligible to pass a security clearance.
Additional desired skills:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field.
- Image processing, filters, feature extraction, segmentation.
- Communication protocols (e.g., ethernet, serial), ZeroMQ messaging.
- Extensive experience writing software for instrument control.
- Some knowledge of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
To apply, please email resumes to Danny at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest.