Position Opening: Software Engineer: C++
Title: Software Engineer: C++
Location: Southborough, MA
Block Engineering, located in Southborough, MA (Boston metro area) is a premier designer, manufacturer, and seller of Quantum Cascade Laser-based (QCL) spectrometers and gas analyzers for the detection and identification of gases, liquids and solids. Block's products have won two Prism awards, and are used to protect people and facilities against chemical threats.
Block is seeking a Software Engineer to lead the development of a new generation of its scientific instrument control software. Development will primarily involve C++ in a Linux / embedded Linux environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and participate in the development of a new generation of instrument software architecture for Block's QCL-based spectrometers and gas analyzers.
- Participate in the development, integration, and management of automated build system, software versioning, branching, and testing.
- Develop internal manufacturing and customer service tools to support the business.
- Assist in the development and debugging of low-level software components that interact with FPGA and device drivers.
- Support key OEM customers with software integration efforts and provide technical recommendations to the sales support team as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A BS degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Experience with OOP and strong C++ coding skills.
- Knowledge and experience with embedded Linux, Linux kernel, and/or POSIX APIs.
- Experience with Git and Jira in a team environment.
- Experience with implementation of virtual instrument software architecture (VISA) and standard commands for programmable instruments (SCPI) is highly desirable.
- Ideally, familiarity with communication protocols (Ethernet, USB, UART, PCI-X, etc.).
- Successful candidates should display enthusiasm, curiosity, and a "Can-Do" attitude. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, work well with little supervision, and have a high degree of initiative and follow through. New and recent graduates are welcomed.
To apply, please email resumes to Danny at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest.