Position Opening: Research and Development Technician
Title: Research and Development Technician
Location: Southborough, MA
Block Engineering, located in Southborough, MA (Boston metro area) is a premier designer, manufacturer, and seller of Quantum Cascade Laser-based spectrometers for the detection and identification of gases, liquids and solids. Block's products have won two Prism awards, and are used to protect people and facilities against chemical threats.
Block is seeking a Research and Development Technician for its Southborough, MA headquarters. The principal responsibilities of the position are the following:
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide all-around support for the development of advanced chemical detection systems.
- Electronics system wiring, troubleshooting, upgrades.
- Mechanical construction and maintenance of test stations.
- Assembly of various electro-mechanical and electro-optical products.
- Support of indoor and outdoor field testing.
- Laboratory upkeep and maintenance.
- Placing of orders and order tracking.
- Documentation of various processes.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Associates degree or higher in Engineering or another technical field with 5-10 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of electronic test instruments and tools. (Oscilloscope, multi-meter, soldering tools, etc.)
- Proficient understanding of electrical schematics, drawings and electronic circuit theory of operations.
- Experience with opto-mechanical, electro-optical, or laser-based products is a plus.
- Proficient in using computer systems and related software applications (MS Word, Excel)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn.
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally with Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Due to work on government R&D contracts, candidates must be eligible to receive a security clearance.
To apply, please email resumes to Danny at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.