Position Opening: Senior Principal Software Engineer
Title: Senior Principal Software Engineer
Location: Southborough, MA
Block Engineering, located in Southborough, MA (Boston metro area) is an award-winning designer and manufacturer of Quantum Cascade Laser-based spectrometers. These spectrometers are used to detect chemicals for the protection of people and facilities.Block is seeking a Senior Principal Software Engineer to be an essential member of a small, highly interactive, and close-knit R&D team. Our team includes research physicists and engineers whose goal is to develop state-of-the-art chemical detection systems.
Due to work on government contracts, candidates must be eligible to pass a security clearance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Help to lead the design and development of the embedded system software and applications for hyperspectral imaging systems. Work will primarily involve C and Python, though there will be some use of C++ as well.
- Convert algorithms that are written in Python into C/C++ for speed.
- Assist with the development of the software architecture for Block’s R&D prototypes.
- Transition R&D software developments to commercial products, and interface with Block’s commercial engineering department as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field. Graduate degree is a plus.
- Experience with C/C++ (with an emphasis on C) and Python in a Linux environment.
- Experience with a cross-compiler development environment on Linux for embedded targets is ideal.
- Experience writing software for hardware control would be helpful.
- At least some experience with the optimization of algorithms for speed is ideal.
- Eligible to pass a security clearance.
- Any of the following would be helpful as well: experience with MATLAB, communication protocols (e.g., ethernet, serial), ZeroMQ messaging, image processing, filters, feature extraction, and/or image segmentation.
- Some knowledge of machine learning and artificial intelligence would be helpful.
To apply, please email resumes to Danny at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.