Position Opening: Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
Title: Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
Location: Southborough, MA
Block Engineering develops and sells laser-based scientific instruments for Safety, Security, and Life Science applications. Block is the proud winner of two Photonics West Prism Awards and the Milipol Paris Innovation Award. Block is headquartered in Southborough, Massachusetts in the greater Boston metro area.
Block is seeking a Senior Embedded Systems Engineer to join our development team. You will support the embedded software and firmware development for Block's modules and systems, as well as work with the electronics. The position will be a hybrid work arrangement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design of embedded software using C.
- Develop and debug embedded ARM microcontrollers and FPGA-based embedded systems for real-time data capture and analysis.
- Work with electronics systems, including understanding design tradeoffs, reliability issues, boards bring up, and testing.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify, plan, and execute tasks to bring products from concept through to manufacturing release.
- Interface with Engineering team members to ensure design requirements are understood and transferred correctly to engineering specifications.
- Work closely with team members on requirement generation and analysis, specification generation, interface definition, component selection, prototype fabrication, testing, drawing generation, and change control.
- Identify and interact with vendors to obtain engineering materials, processes, and equipment.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- BSEE degree or higher.
- Solid knowledge of C programming language.
- At least 5 years of experience with ARM microcontroller-based embedded systems (for example, STM32, Zynq SoC, etc.)
- Embedded Linux experience is highly desired.
- Knowledge of electronics and the ability to understand and develop existing code bases used to control embedded systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, ideas, and knowledge to other individuals and teams.
Any of the following would be helpful as well, though not required:
- Knowledge of communication standards and protocols (TCP/IP, USB, and/or RS-232).
- FPGA experience with Verilog in Vivado or Quartus IDE environment.
- Some Python experience would be a plus.
- Microsoft VS IDE C/C++ development experience is a plus.
- Experience with EDA toolsets such as Altium/OrCAD/PADS is a plus.
Block Engineering is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email resumes to Danny at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.