Position Opening: Director of Government Program Management
Title: Director of Government Program Management
Location: Southborough, MA
Block Engineering is a leading supplier of laser-based systems that provide early warning detection and identification of chemical threats, including Chemical Warfare Agents (CWAs), Toxic Industrial Chemicals (TICs), drugs, and explosives. Block is the proud winner of two Photonics West Prism Awards and the Milipol Paris Innovation Award for Crisis Management.
Block has been working for decades with U.S. government agencies and military branches in support of critical infrastructure and mission operations in safety and security. Headquartered in Southborough, MA, a suburb located 30 minutes west of Boston, Block offers a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance.
Block is seeking to fill the position of Director of Government Program Management. This position will report directly to the SVP of Engineering and Technology of Block. The Director of Programs is responsible for managing all government R&D programs for our quantum cascade laser-based spectrometers and gas analyzers.
Please note that candidates must have an engineering or optics/physics background, and must be eligible to pass a security clearance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage government-funded programs from proposal to system delivery.
- Manage and lead the proposal-writing process for new R&D contracts.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans, monitor progress to timelines and budget to deliver against agreed strategic objectives.
- Plan and present program plans and status as such MPRs.
- Work cross functionally during the phase-gate product development processes.
- Oversee government contracting, reporting and compliance processes.
- Provide frequent presentations to Block's senior leadership team and clients.
- Manage progress of subcontractors and consultants.
- Monitor and analyze program risks and impact on all deliverables.
- Work with Engineering leaders and managers to solve technical and operational problems.
- Work with the financial team on forecasting and budgeting, and track program cost and spending.
- Work closely with the sales and business development teams to enable and support growth.
- Serve as main point of contact for government customers for all program goals.
- Identify key priorities for programs, align strategic and tactical plans, and drive execution.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics or related fields required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Must be eligible to pass a security clearance.
- 10+ years of experience managing programs and leading a program management team in a product development environment.
- Strong understanding of project and program management best practices.
- Certification in project management (like PMP) is a plus.
- Strong experience managing government-funded product development contracts.
- Strong experience leading and writing proposals for government funding.
- Strong experience working in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Significant experience working with functional managers for task planning, resource planning, and tracking (schedule, cost and deliverables) of concurrent multiple projects.
- Experience with financial tracking and cost analysis.
- Experience with phase-gate product development processes.
- Experience in dealing with government contracting and compliance processes.
- Experience with managing subcontractors and consultants.
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Proven track record of delivering programs from initiation through implementation.
Block Engineering is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email resumes to Danny at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.