Position Opening: Corporate Accountant
Title: Corporate Accountant
Location: Southborough, MA
Block Engineering, located in Southborough, MA (Boston metro area) is a premier designer, manufacturer, and seller of Quantum Cascade Laser-based spectrometers for the detection and identification of gases, liquids and solids. Block's products have won two Prism awards, and are used to protect people and facilities against chemical threats.Block is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented corporate accountant to join our growing organization. This position will be handling some of the accounting operations, as well as ensuring compliance with GAAP, corporate policies and external audits.
Responsibilities will include:
- Month end closing.
- Financial planning and analysis.
- Accounts Receivable: generation of invoices for commercial and government contracts, follow up on payments, and other A/R functions.
- Fixed Asset tracking and management of depreciation schedules.
- Inventory management and valuation: timely accounting for labor and material variance, scraps, COGS, processing adjustments in the financial records.
- Project tracking of internal projects and government contracts.
- Government contracts of indirect rates tracking, government property management.
- Manage intercompany transactions and allocations.
- Assist with processing some of the Accounts Payable invoices, credit card statements, expense reports and payroll functions.
- Registration with new states for withholding, sales tax and other taxes as required by law and filing the required quarterly or annual reports.
- Other Ad-hoc projects, reporting and analysis.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors in Accounting with a focus on cost accounting.
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- Manufacturing industry experience required.
- Experience with financial planning and analysis (FP&A).
- Experience with inventory management, asset management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Experience with government contracts. Defense Contract Audit Agency experience (DCAA) is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Multi-company experience is a plus.
To apply, please email resumes to Danny at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest.