Position Opening: Principal Machine Learning Chemometrics Algorithms Developer
Title: Principal Machine Learning Chemometrics Algorithms Developer
Location: Southborough, MA
Block Engineering, located in Southborough, MA (Boston metro area) is a premier designer, manufacturer, and seller of Quantum Cascade Laser-based spectrometers for the detection and identification of gases, liquids and solids. Block's products have won two Prism awards, and are used to protect people and facilities against chemical threats. We offer a competitive compensation package and a culture which rewards performance.
Block is seeking to fill the position of Principal Machine Learning Chemometrics Algorithms Scientist / Developer. This position will report directly to the Director of Software and Algorithms of Block. The purpose of this position is to lead the development of state-of-the-art machine learning and artificial intelligence-based detection algorithms and codes for its industry-leading gas analyzers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and participate in the development of machine-learning based chemometrics algorithms and code for gas detection and classifications.
- Lead and participate in the development and training of deep neural network models for use in our instruments.
- Lead and participate in and lead the development of various manufacturing and diagnostics tools to support the automation of the production process and to characterize the performance of instruments.
- Lead and participate in various routine data analysis tasks to support applications development and production.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A BS degree in Computer Science, Analytical/Physical Chemistry, Physics, or fields with quantitative analysis.
- Must have good knowledge of optical spectroscopy and chemometrics.
- Must have good knowledge and prior experience with machine learning, deep leaning, statistics, optimization, and regression.
- Must have good Python coding skills and prior experience with Keras, Tensorflow, and Numpy/Pandas.
- Experience with C++ is a plus.
- Familiar with Git and Jira in a team environment is a plus.
- Successful candidates should display enthusiasm, curiosity, and a "Can-Do" attitude. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, work well with little supervision, and have a high degree of initiative and follow through.
To apply, please email resumes to Danny at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest.