Position Opening: Senior Algorithms Engineer (Data Scientist)
Title: Senior Algorithms Engineer (Data Scientist)
Location: Southborough, MA
Block Engineering is a leading developer of laser-based systems that provide early warning detection and identification of chemical threats. Block is the proud winner of two Photonics West Prism Awards and the Milipol Paris Innovation Award. Headquartered in Southborough, Massachusetts (30 minutes west of Boston), Block offers a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance.
Block is seeking to fill the position of Senior Algorithms Engineer (Data Scientist). This position will report directly to the Director of Software and Algorithms of Block. The purpose of this position is to lead the development of state-of-the-art machine learning and artificial intelligence-based detection algorithms and code implementations for Block's industry-leading chemical detection systems.
Please note that due to work on government-funded R&D programs, candidates must be eligible to pass a security clearance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the development of machine-learning based algorithms and code development / implementation for chemical detection and classifications.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and training of both ML and other mathematical models (CNN, Markov, SVM, Random Forest, etc.) for use in our instruments.
- Assist with the development and implementation of various manufacturing and diagnostics tools to support the automation of the production process and to characterize the performance of instruments.
- Conduct various data analysis tasks to support applications development and production.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a BS degree in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Analytical / Physical / Computational Chemistry, Physics, or other fields with quantitative analysis. MS or PhD is a plus.
- Must have excellent Python coding skills and prior experience with Keras, Tensorflow, and/or Numpy/Pandas. Must also have some familiarity with C++.
- Must have knowledge and experience with machine learning, statistics, optimization, regression analysis, and pattern recognition.
- Familiar with Git and Jira in a team environment is a plus.
- Experience with chemometrics or optical spectroscopy is a plus.
- Successful candidates should display enthusiasm, curiosity, and a "Can-Do" attitude. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, work well with little supervision, and have a high degree of initiative and follow through.
Block Engineering is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email resumes to Danny at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.