LaserSense™: Compact Gas Detection System
LaserSense is a compact Quantum Cascade Laser-based gas detection system based on infrared absorption spectroscopy.
LaserSense detects hydrocarbon gases (C1-C5) in the 4-14 parts per million range, allowing for extremely sensitive detection in mudlogging and other oil and gas related applications. The system can also be used for endpoint detection, as well as in process and environmental monitoring applications.
The system is configurable using one or two laser modules for spectral coverage within the 5.4–12.8 µm range. Seven laser modules are available, each spanning over 250 cm-1. The system can be coupled with 4, 24, or 144 inch gas cells, depending on target LOD sensitivity.
LaserSense allows for extremely rapid detection — 1-5 seconds (typical), with the ability to configure for 0.1 second (10Hz). The system weighs 13 lbs (11 without pump).
Key Benefits & Advantages
- Infrared absorption spectroscopy provides detection of a wide variety of gases in range
- Customizable based on target gases and LOD sensitivity
- Detection in the parts per million (ppm) range for many gases
- No consumables – Internal referencing design
- Eye-safe laser poses no personnel or combustion risk in industrial settings
- Fast measurement speed (10 Hz)
- Small footprint – Approx. 24 x 19 x 15 cm
If you would like to discuss how the LaserSense can help with your application needs, please contact us.