Title: Electronics / Manufacturing Technician
Location: Marlborough, MA
Block Engineering develops, manufactures, and sells some of the world's most sophisticated and rugged mid-infrared spectrometers. Using world-class Quantum Cascade Lasers (QCLs), these spectrometers are used for lab research as well as on-line, at-line and fence-line monitoring of gases and liquids.
Block is searching for an Electronics / Manufacturing Technician for its Marlborough, MA location (metro Boston area). The principal responsibilities of the position are the following:
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Inspect, operate, and test systems down to the component level to diagnose malfunctions and make repair recommendations.
- Evaluate performance and reliability of products and recommend changes in circuitry or wiring specifications to improve the functionality of the product.
- Carry out troubleshooting, repair, upgrades, and modifications to product requirements.
- Electronic assembly and programming of various electro-mechanical products.
- Perform functional and quality control tests to ensure products meet design requirements.
- Maintain detailed records of repairs on products and be able to provide feedback to engineers and technicians.
- Provide RMA repair cost estimates and root cause analysis of electronic issues.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics:
- Associates degree in Electronics or similar field with 5-10 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of electronic test instruments and tools. (Oscilloscope, multi-meter, soldering tools, etc.)
- Proficient understanding of electrical schematics, drawings and electronic circuit theory of operations.
- Familiar with Solidworks or PCB layout software package is plus.
- Proficient in using computer systems and the related software applications.
To apply, please email resumes to Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest.