Lead Opto-Mechanical Engineer
Block Engineering, located in Marlborough, Massachusetts (greater Boston metro area), develops and sells Quantum Cascade Laser (QCL) and Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) based spectrometers for the identification and detection of gases, liquids and solids.
Block Engineering is seeking a Lead Optomechanical Engineer to join our optical gas analyzer development team. You will be engaged in solving opto-mechanical design challenges, designing gas and sample conditioning systems, designing cost/time efficient instrument packaging solutions, and working with the team to transfer engineering designs to manufacturing.
Title: Lead Opto-Mechanical Engineer
Location: Marlborough, MA
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical leadership and work with a cross-functional team of engineers and scientists in designing components, assemblies, and processes for Block Engineering's new products.
- Lead design efforts of critical components for new products across multiple product lines using SolidWorks 2015 or later.
- Identify and interact with vendors to obtain engineering materials, processes, and equipment.
- Interface with Director of Engineering to ensure design requirements are understood and transferred correctly to engineering specifications.
- Work with cross functional teams to identify, plan, and execute tasks to bring products from concept through to manufacturing release.
- Provide technical guidance to team to develop and improve manufacturing processes to pilot production level.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Program Manager.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics:
- B.S. degree in mechanical engineering is required. M.S. or Ph.D. degree is a plus.
- At least 5-7 years' experience working with opto-mechanical designs.
- Understanding of geometrical tolerancing.
- Experience with design of experiments, failure mode effects analysis, and design for manufacturability and assembly techniques.
- Knowledgeable of various metal to glass bonding methods spanning wide temperature excursions.
- Experience designing mechanical lens/mirror assemblies for infrared systems is desirable.
- Experience with pneumatics and gas handling is a plus.
To apply, please email resumes to Dan at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.