Position Opening: Software Engineer for Instrument Control
Title: Software Engineer for Instrument Control (C++, Python, Matlab)
Location: Southborough, MA
Block Engineering, located in Southborough, MA (west Boston metro area), is a developer of mid-infrared spectroscopy products that are based on Quantum Cascade Lasers (QCLs) and Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectrometers. Block's products are used for the detection of chemical threats, and are currently protecting both personnel and high-profile facilities worldwide.
Block is currently seeking a full-time Software Engineer who can support the development of instrumentation control software for R&D programs and commercial products.
The position will report to the Vice President of Technology.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop software using C++ and Python for state-of-the-art chemical detection systems that utilize hyperspectral imaging.
- Develop real-time instrument control for an advanced gas detection system to be deploying on a vehicle.
- Optimization of algorithms that are written in MATLAB.
- Interface with the Engineering Software Group to transition R&D software developments to commercial products.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field. A PhD is a plus.
- (Required) Experience writing software for instrument control.
- Experience with real-time control software.
- Ability to convert algorithms that are developed in MATLAB to C+.
- Optimization of algorithms for speed.
- Linux and Windows operating systems.
- 3+ years of C++, Python, and MATLAB.
- Experience with communication protocols (e.g., ethernet, serial).
To apply, please email resumes to Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest.