Title: Inside Sales Specialist
Location: Marlborough, MA
Block Engineering develops, manufactures, and sells some of the world's most sophisticated and rugged mid-infrared spectrometers. Using world-class Quantum Cascade Lasers (QCLs), these spectrometers are used for lab research as well as on-line, at-line and fence-line monitoring of gases and liquids.
Block is searching for an Inside Sales Specialist for its Marlborough, MA location (metro Boston area). The principal responsibilities of the position are the following:
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Issue quotes and ensure their proper delivery to customers. Ensure that quotes are accurate, correct and within established price guidelines.
- Issue order confirmations to customers and coordinate internally with the departments as needed.
- Follow up regularly on quotes in order to close sales.
- Provide customer product demos both at Block and occasionally at customer locations.
- Provide sales support to international distributors.
- Respond to customer requests regarding product technical issues and returns. Direct the inquiries to the engineering or manufacturing departments as needed.
- Coordinate and assist in training of customers, distributors, and regional sales managers at the company's facilities.
- Ensure proper entry of leads, quotes, activities and opportunities into the company's CRM system.
- Manage all trade shows, ensuring booth preparations, travel arrangements, registrations, as well as allocation of demo units for such shows. As needed, attend show and assist with booth set up and customer interface.
- Ensure all marketing communications materials are generated on time, and are correct and accurate.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics:
- BS degree in Chemistry, Physics, or other science or engineering discipline.
- Experience in seeing sales inquiries through to a completed sale, including follow-up with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills, planning and commitment to schedules.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle customer inquiries.
- Have strong computer skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, as well as general web-search proficiency for accessing customers' sites, conferences and trade shows.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com or similar CRM system.
To apply, please email resumes to Dan at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.