Position Opening: Lead Electrical Engineer
Title: Lead Electrical Engineer
Location: Southborough, MA
Block Engineering, located in Southborough, Massachusetts (greater Boston metro area), develops and sells Quantum Cascade Laser (QCL) and Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) based spectrometers for the identification and detection of gases, liquids and solids.
Block Engineering is seeking a Lead Electrical Engineer to join our development team. You will lead the electrical and electronics development work for Block's laser-based spectrometer systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Architect, develop, and debug embedded ARM and microcontroller based systems for real-time data capture and analysis.
- Design and layout of circuit boards, board bring-up and testing, and circuit debugging.
- Work with cross functional team to identify, plan, and execute tasks to bring products from concept through to manufacturing release.
- Interface with Engineering team members to ensure design requirements are understood and transferred correctly to engineering specifications.
- Work closely with team members on requirement generation and analysis, specification generation, interface definition, component selection, prototype fabrication, testing, drawing generation, and change control.
- Identify and interact with vendors to obtain engineering materials, processes, and equipment.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Detailed understanding of electronic circuit design and layout processes, and the ability to develop new and understand existing low level code used to control embedded systems.
- BSEE degree or higher required. MSEE or PhD EE would be ideal.
- Knowledgeable in circuit board level components, design, and debugging.
- Knowledgeable with various communication protocols, such as, ModBus, TCP/IP, USB, and Serial RS-232.
- Experience with embedded system (ARM, PIC microcontroller) design and programming would be helpful.
- Experience with EDA toolsets such as PADS/Altium, simulation tools such as SPICE, and low level programming languages such as VHDL, Verilog, and/or C.
- Experience with FPGA programming.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate technical concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals and teams.
To apply, please email resumes to Dan at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.