Position Opening: Senior Electrical Engineer
Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Marlborough, MA
Block Engineering, located in Marlborough, Massachusetts (greater Boston metro area), develops and sells Quantum Cascade Laser (QCL) and Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) based spectrometers for the identification and detection of gases, liquids and solids.
Block Engineering is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our development team. You will join a diverse engineering staff and develop new and cutting edge technologies across several product lines.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with cross functional team to identify, plan, and execute tasks to bring products from concept through to manufacturing release.
- Architect, develop, and debug embedded ARM and microcontroller based systems for real-time data capture and analysis.
- Design and layout of circuit boards, board bring-up and testing, and circuit debugging.
- Develop a detailed understanding of existing embedded system architecture and its supporting C++ code base as well as providing critical guidance and leadership for future system design.
- Interfaces with Director of Engineering to ensure design requirements are understood and transferred correctly to engineering specifications.
- Work closely with team members on requirement generation and analysis, specification generation, interface definition, component selection, prototype fabrication, testing, drawing generation, and change control.
- Identify and interact with vendors to obtain engineering materials, processes, and equipment.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics:
- Detailed understanding of electronic circuit design and layout processes, and the ability to develop new and understand existing low level code (primarily C++) used to control embedded systems.
- BSEE degree or higher (MSEE or PhD EE preferred).
- Knowledgeable in circuit board level components, design, and debugging.
- Knowledgeable with various communication protocols, such as, ModBus, TCP/IP, USB, and Serial RS-232.
- Experienced with embedded system (ARM, PIC microcontroller) design and programming.
- Experienced with EDA toolsets such as PADS/Altium, simulation tools such as SPICE, and low level programming languages such as VHDL, Verilog, and/or C.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate technical concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals and teams.
To apply, please email resumes to Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest.