Title: Manufacturing Assembler / Operator
Location: Marlborough, MA
Block Engineering develops, manufactures, and sells some of the world's most sophisticated and rugged mid-infrared spectrometers. Using world-class Quantum Cascade Lasers (QCLs), these spectrometers are used for lab research as well as on-line, at-line and fence-line monitoring of gases and liquids.
Block is searching for a Manufacturing Assembler / Operator for its Marlborough, MA location (metro Boston area). The principal responsibilities of the position are the following:
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of work with electro-mechanical assemblies and subassemblies.
- Be able to work with diagrams, drawings, work instructions, and Bill of Materials (BOM) to assemble components into products.
- Perform in-process quality checks on sub-assemblies and finished products against the product specifications.
- Utilize small hand tools, calibrated instruments, measurement equipment, microscopes, and test fixtures to build the product.
- Work with engineers and technicians to resolve line issues and suggest improvements.
- Follow standard operating procedures and lean manufacturing practices.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation related to quality, process and product.
- Follow general safety rules, manufacturing procedures, and company policies.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics:
- Minimum of 3 years (5 or more preferred) hands-on experience working in a manufacturing environment for electronics, telecommunications, semiconductor, defense, or related industries.
- Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) background is plus.
- Hands-on experience with electronic connectors, cables, harnesses, crimping and wiring.
- Hands-on experience with hand-soldering and fine-pitch small component soldering on printed circuit boards (can read and understand basic electronic circuit diagrams).
- Working experience in a manufacturing environment and familiarity with common manufacturing protocols and procedures such as incoming inspection, SPC and process yield monitoring, final testing and inventory control, etc.
- Past experience manufacturing scientific instruments is a plus.
- Degree is not required but college classes, an associated degree or higher in engineering disciplines (ME, EE, OE, etc.) or physics definitely is a plus.
To apply, please email resumes to Dan at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.